Art of Garthness secretarial services
Some of My Writing
Samples of My Writing
Welcome to The Art of Garthness, the electronic home of Garth Spencer.
Garth is a resident of Vancouver, British Columbia, a secretary and office clerk, and an amateur
If you're looking for experienced office help, let me direct you to my resume:
- Conspiracy Theories
- What are the most prevalent conspiracy theories, which are the most entertaining ones, and what is wrong with them all?
- Crank Theories
- I enjoy crank theories! Do you? Here are some of the most popular and entertaining crank theories going around.
- Creative Linguistics
- Have you ever noticed how badly designed fictional languages are, in most fantasy and science fiction? Here is a critical review of some of the constructed languages, in fantasy and science fiction and allegedly real life. (Remember, I took classes in this stuff.)
- Creative Nationalism
- If you've ever wanted to start your own country, here are some sad and humorous examples of previous attempts.
- Creative Planetology
- Read enough science fiction and you'll start critiquing the made-up planets that SF writers invent. I had to write this just to get the bug out of my system.
- Creative Sociology
- If you ever thought your society could work better, if only someone worked out how to modify the system ... well, here are some cautionary tales.
- One of the several ways people try to understand and control their fates, without getting degrees in psychology and economics, is to learn about casting Norse runes. Here is a short rundown on the subject.
- After the "cyberpunk" fashion in science fiction came "steampunk", revisioning the Industrial Revolution as if the steam-powered top-hatted Victorian era never ended.