Cedar Cottage, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Public Neighbourhood Park Proposal
Meeting: Wednesday, November 15 , 3:10 pm
• History of China Creek and the Cedar Cottage Brewery - presentation of maps and look at sight.
• Land Ownership - Paul Calderhead
• Park Board mandate, ie, park deficient neighbourhoods
• What has been done? - Mavis Dixon, Margaret Geddes, Paul Calderhead, others.
• What needs to be done? - Mavis Dixon, Paul Calderhead
Step one: City commitment not to develop land
Step two: Community Plan for land use
Step three: Approve and implement Community Plan
We are concerned only with Step One at this time.
• Discussion of possible partners: Tyee Elementary, Community Montessori (CAMP), Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood Association, Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House, Kensington Community Centre, Vancouver Heritage Society, University of British Columbia, dept of hydrology. Evergreen.
• Membership and name of working group, discussion.
• Adjourn and visit site.