The Vancouver Community Network
The Vancouver Community Network (VCN)
was founded in 1993 in order to bring a working CommunityNet, a
community-based computer information system, to the people of the Greater
For more information about the VCN,
please check our contact
We acknowledge the important financial support
- Industry Canada
- Human Resources Development Canada
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada
- Vancouver Public Library
- Vancouver Foundation
- B.C. Gaming Commission
- B.C. Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing
- B.C. Ministry responsible for Multiculturalism
- VanCity Savings Credit Union
- BC Net (Hardware Donation)
- Ford Motor Company of Canada (Hardware
- Sprint Canada (Hardware donation) donation)
About the CommunityNet.
Getting Connected to the Vancouver CommunityNet.
- Use Dial up networking (PPP) and a graphical
browser (Netscape/Internet Explorer) to view
- Telnet to telnet://vcn.bc.ca.
- You can dial into the CommunityNet using
a modem. Set your terminal software (ex.
Telix) to VT100, your modem software to 8
bits, no parity and 1 stop bit, and dial
- Use Web email from a web browser on any internet access worldwide.
Revised: December 2, 2002