30+ workshops to be delivered over 9 months (subject to funding)
"604 Connect!" will provide a training, hardware and connectivity package
for voluntary sector groups in the Lower Mainland to support their use of
the Internet to meet their goals.
- Check and/or set up computer labs prior to training
- Deliver training curriculum to new Internet users
- Work with Instructional Assistants
- Record attendance and report on outcomes
- Experience in Internet training with beginners
- Knowledge of adult education strategies and methodology
- Experience with curriculum modification
- Able to deliver a student centred approach
- Ability to work with a group with a wide range of skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of community networking, access issues and barriers an
- Experience with voluntary, non-profit sector issues an advantage
- Transportation to reach Lower Mainland training sites with training
Anticipated start date: July, 1999
Deadline for applications: June 18, 1999
Apply in writing with a resume and a cover letter to the address below.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest.
Trainers Hiring Committee
c/o Vancouver Community Network
411 Dunsmuir Street
Vancouver, BC, V6B 1X4
"604 Connect!" home page