The Stark Raven Media Collective takes a critical look at the issue of prisons
We are growing (podcasting, website, correspondence with
prisoners) and are looking for more people to help out and get
Are you passionate and interested in...
...critically engaging in ideas around justice and criminalization?
...helping get prisoner's and ex-prisoner’s voices on the air?
...developing your writing, media and website skills?
...organizing and analyzing information and ideas and sharing them with others?
...solidifying your skepticism about prisons as a way to deal with health and social issues and want to explore why, and what the alternatives are?
Stark Raven is looking for new members to contribute to producing the radio program and developing the website.
These are some of the ways to get involved and contribute:
Interested or want more info?
- news research & writing for radio
- researching subjects and people to interview
- doing on-air interviews
- contributing your radio interviews to the program
- compiling community events
- editing audio
- helping organize music for the show
- prisonjustice.ca website work (uploading news, updating info)
- work on overhauling the website to drupal
- editing, organizing and uploading the podcast
- outreach work to prisoners -- writing letters, ads in prisoner
- community event organizing
- new ideas welcome!
Email us at
starkraven(at)prisonjustice(dot)ca or call 604-682-3269 x3019.